At Camp Oest we have everything your little heart desires! Boats, Treasure Hunts, Wild Animals, Exotic Adventures, BB Guns, Bow and Arrows, and even sling shots!!!!
This summer you and your Cowboy are invited to join Camp Oest for Wild West Adventure! Come on down to the Oest Ranch for a ragin' good time. Be to sure to bring your boots and your hat during your stay at the Oest Ranch. Yyeeehhhaaawww!
What Yer Sure to Find in 2013
- On sure fire Wild West Adventure (Bring your Cowboy Outfit)
- Indian Villiage and Indian Lore at Handicraft
- Lasso yerself a bull down at the pier during our Floating Rodeo
- Head on over to the prospecting pit (Scoutcraft) to explore the gold reaches of our bouldering wall with new obstacles and then pan for some gold.
- Work on the STEM Nova Award and our at newly named Nature and Science Area
- Enjoy our all new sports field which will include kickball, soccer, whiffle ball, frisbee
- A brand new schedule for Webelos Week (no over lapping and plenty of Activity Pins!!!!)
- More Advancement opportunities during all of our session
- 4th of July Family Session returns!!!
- ADULT LEADER TRAINING!!! (GET YOUR TRAINING OUT OF THE WAY WHILE AT CAMP)
- PROJECT M.O.O.S.E. is still a kickin' good time for Webelos 2
I’ve never heard of Camp Oest before. What’s the big deal?
Camp Oest is a Nationally Accredited resident Cub Scout summer camp run by the Baltimore Area Council. The program is energetic, varied, and engaging for Cub Scouts, and is differentiated by rank so that activities are age-appropriate. At every session, Scouts get to shoot, swim, boat, craft, sing, enjoy the fun antics of the staff, and much more! You and your Cub will be able to participate in the following programs:
- Shooting Sports (BB's, Archery, Sling Shots, Action Archery / BB)
- Scoutcraft & Bouldering
- Nature & Science
Packs, dens, and individual parent/son teams will be assigned to campsites upon arrival, with everyone from the same Pack sharing the same campsite. Every program area and campsite has its own pavilion for shelter and shaded instruction, and there is a large dining pavilion where meals are served. Program runs throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening, with a siesta after lunch and a snack before bed.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all!
Swimming, shooting, rowing, fishing, crafting, fire-building, hiking, playing and singing are only a few of the high-energy programs your son will participate in daily. Each day is full of fun activities for your son to participate in, experience something new, and have fun.
Did you know you can come to Camp Oest even if your Den or Pack doesn’t?
At Camp Oest, we welcome entire Dens or Packs, but you can also come with just your son. We’ll put you in a provisional Pack with other families like yours, so you still get to bond with your son and he still gets to enjoy the program and have the experience of a lifetime!
Eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom.
- Three square meals a day are cooked hot and fresh in our kitchen and served in our large dining pavilion.
- Canvas tents with sturdy cots are provided in each campsite. You may bring your own equipment if you wish…there is plenty of space to set it up!
- Latrines are provided in each campsite, and a central shower house facility with hot running water and flushing toilets is open 24 hours a day.
Wild West Adventure
It’s time for some fun! This summer’s theme is Wild West Adventure. We have turned Camp Oest in to one big Dude Ranch where we'll become expert Cowboys and soon to be Sherrif's of the Wild West!!! So come ready to have fun being a Cowboy ALL DAY LONG. Here at Camp Oest you can help us make the Oest Ranch even better! Bring a costume and some decorations for yer bunk. Come enjoy all of the hype and excitement! We even have live comedy and musical entertainment!
Weekend or mid-week Traditional Sessions
You can come to Camp Oest for a three day/two night “weekend” session, or a four day/three night “mid-week” session. Both offer the exact same program. The weekend sessions are perfect if you’ve never been camping before and want a gentler introduction to the great outdoors; the mid-week sessions are perfect for a little more relaxed schedule.
June 22—June 24 (Session 1) June 26—June 29 (Session 2)
June 29—July 1 (Session 3) July 3—July 6*** (Session 4)
July 6—July 8 (Session 5) July 10—July 13 (Session 6)
July 13—July 15 (Session 7) July 17—July 20 (Session 8)
*** = 4th of July Family Session Family Session
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
$195 – 50% paid and registered by April 1st, 2013
$210 – Registered between April 2 & May 15, 2013
$235 – Registered after May 15, 2013
Adult: $130 (Flat Rate)