At Camp Oest we have everything to meet your Cub Scout Adventure needs! Boats, Climbing Walls, Wildlife, Pool fun, BB Guns, Bow and Arrows, and even sling shots!!!!
This summer you and your Knight are invited to Camp Oest for the Adventures of Camp Mooselot! Be sure to bring your Suit of Armour during your stay at the Oest Castle.
What You'll Find in 2014
- The Training to becoming one of Camp Mooselot 's Royal Knights (Bring your Suit of Armour)
- New Program Area: Action Sports & Camp Craft
- Build Fires and full size catapults and conquer a castle
- Enjoy the Bouldering Wall, Obstacle course, and team sports at Action Sports
- WEBELOS: Take a ride on our new Adventure Bike Course
- STEM Activities at NatSci
- Now offering 2 Webelos Weeks!!!
- Families welcome at Sessions 2-7!!!
- Amazing Program, all meals, a t-shirt, patch, and endless fun all included in the Youth fee
- Adult leader training, AMAZING STAFF, and more youth advancement opportunities.
I’ve never heard of Camp Oest before. What’s the big deal?
Camp Oest is a Nationally Accredited resident Cub Scout summer camp run by the Baltimore Area Council. The program is energetic, varied, and engaging for Cub Scouts, and is differentiated by rank so that activities are age-appropriate. At every session, Scouts get to shoot, swim, boat, craft, sing, enjoy the fun antics of the staff, and much more! You and your Cub will be able to participate in the following programs:
- Shooting Sports (BB's, Archery, Sling Shots, Action Archery / BB)
- Action Sports
- Nature & Science
- Camp Craft
Packs, dens, and individual parent/son teams will be assigned to campsites upon arrival, with everyone from the same Pack sharing the same campsite. Every program area and campsite has its own pavilion for shelter and shaded instruction, and there is a large dining pavilion where meals are served. Program runs throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening, with a siesta after lunch and a snack before bed.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all!
Swimming, shooting, rowing, fishing, crafting, fire-building, hiking, playing and singing are only a few of the high-energy programs your son will participate in daily. Each day is full of fun activities for your son to participate in, experience something new, and have fun.
Did you know you can come to Camp Oest even if your Den or Pack doesn’t?
At Camp Oest, we welcome entire Dens or Packs, but you can also come with just your son. We’ll put you in a provisional Pack with other families like yours, so you still get to bond with your son and he still gets to enjoy the program and have the experience of a lifetime!
Eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom.
- Three square meals a day are cooked hot and fresh in our kitchen and served in our large dining pavilion.
- Canvas tents with sturdy cots are provided in each campsite. You may bring your own equipment if you wish…there is plenty of space to set it up!
- Latrines are provided in each campsite, and a central shower house facility with hot running water and flushing toilets is open 24 hours a day.
The Adventures of Camp Mooselot!
It’s time for some fun! This summer’s theme is The Adventures of Camp Mooselot. We have turned Camp Oest in to Castle Oest where we'll become expert Knights and soon to be Lord's of the Manor!!! So come ready to have fun being a Knight ALL DAY LONG. Here at Camp Mooselot you can help us make the Camp Oest even better! Bring a costume and some decorations for you're own castle. Come enjoy all of the hype and excitement! We even have live comedy and musical entertainment!
Weekend or mid-week Traditional Sessions
You can come to Camp Oest for a three day/two night “weekend” session, or a four day/three night “mid-week” session. Both offer the exact same program. The weekend sessions are perfect if you’ve never been camping before and want a gentler introduction to the great outdoors; the mid-week sessions are perfect for a little more relaxed schedule.
July 5—July 7 (Session 2) July 9—July 12 (Session 3)
July 12—July 14 (Session 4) July 16—July 19 (Session 5)
July 19—July 21 (Session 6) July 23—July 26 (Session 7)
Questions? Email email@example.com
Sessions 2, 4, & 6: Sessions 3, 5 & 7:
Youth: Youth: $220
$175 – Paid and registered by April 1st, 2014 $195 – Paid and registered by April 1st, 2014
$200 - Registered after April 1st, 2014. $220 – Registered after April 1st, 2014
Adult: $65 (Flat Rate) Adult: $85 (Flat Rate)